Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Big Bow Hat


Needles: US7
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool Worsted
Size: newborn

CO 52.
K2, P2 for 8 rows.
K for 6 rows.
Change colors.
K for 8 rows.
Change colors.
K for 2 rows.

Begin decreases as follows:
K11, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K10, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K9, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K8, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K7, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K6, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K5, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K4, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K3, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K2, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K1, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
Cut tail and thread through remaining stitches.

For bow:
CO 15.
Knit for about 8” or so.
Bind off and sew CO to BO wrap tails around middle to form bow.

P.S. I don't mind if you make this hat to sell or give to family/friends, but please just be sure to link back and give credit to where credit is due. Thanks!

6 comments:

Frankie said...

This hat is so cute! I'm going to make one for my brand new granddaughter today. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

Hello gorgeous said...

I just made one for my soon-to-be-born granddaughter. I'm not sure she'll be small enough to wear it though. I'll just donate it to a NICU if it comes to that. Really cute. I wish I knew how to post a pic of it. Thanks for the pattern.

Aryssa said...

ive used your diaper cover pattern which was farely simple but bc i am a beginner i am having a hard time figuring out what you mean by K CO and P rather than SC DC etc

Anonymous said...

wow!! This is so cute. Thank you very much for sharing this pattern. I'm a beginner & the instruction is easy to follow. Will make it for my baby & my niece!! :)

Anonymous said...

K= knit, CO= cast on, P= purl. I don't know a lot about crochet, but the other two sound like crochet terms for single crochet and double crochet. If that's the case, that would explain the confusion as the two are pretty different.

Angie Palacio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.