Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Newborn Striped Beanie

Yarn used: Sugar and Cream or Cotton-ease
US7 dpns
CO 52.
Join together for knitting in the round.
K2, P2 for 8 rounds.
Knit 16 rounds.
K11, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K10, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K9, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K8, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K7, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K6, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K5, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K4, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K3, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K2, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K1, K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
K2tog; repeat to end of the round.
Cut tail and thread through rem. stitches.

P.S. I don't mind if you make this hat to sell or give to family/friends, but please just be sure to link back and give credit to where credit is due. Thanks!

6 comments:

Sarah Gutierrez said...

so adorable! good job. :)

Charity Dunlap said...

I have a DK weight Pima Cotton I was hoping to knit up into a newborn hat. Would this pattern work with that yarn? TIA!

Kersten Lindhardt said...

This is absolutely darling!! I am new to knitting and having been trying to find a hat pattern for my baby that is on the way that is simple but cute and this is perfect! Thank you :)
Little-miss-stitcher.blogspot.com

Kathy, AKA "His Pilgrim" said...

Thank you for the pattern, and your baby is so very precious. I just love him!!

Ashley said...

When alternating the stripes, how many rows are for each color? It looks like 2 but I could be wrong.

Jax said...

I just used this to knit my first baby hat - and my first striped hat - its lovely. Thank you for sharing x